How do you configure a plan to build and deploy a .ear file to a JBoss server?

We are currently evaluating Bamboo 3.2.2. Up to now all our builds have basically been just creating a .EAR file in our IDE (JBoss developer studio) and deploying that .ear to the application server. How would you build a plan in Bamboo to do this?

1 answer

You can create an .ear file using Ant or Maven and use the Ant or Maven Tasks in Bamboo to run Ant/Maven. Regarding the deployment, you could copy the created artifact to the JBoss server via SSH and configure JBoss to auto-deploy.

Thank you. I've figure out how to create the .ear file using and Ant script. But now how do I copy the created artifact to my JBoss deploy directory? I don't see any task types to do this.

Is the JBoss deploy directory on the same agent? If so, you can simply use the script task to move the file into the JBoss directory. If it's on a seperate machine, you could use an Ant SCP task to transfer the file.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/scp.html

We are hoping to provide a Bamboo native SCP task soon to make this process easier.

Thank for the idea about using Ant SCP, but now it appears I'll have to install some kind of SSH server on the target machine (Windows 2003 server) in order to use it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

60 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you