How do I set Tests field in the dashboard when I use an unsupported unit testing framework?

AmitB August 11, 2012

I am using cppTest for my unit tests. I would like to notify Bamboo that tests are running, such that the Tests field in the dashboard will not say "No tests found".

Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2012

XML format from CppUnit is not compatible with JUnit.

You can:

Try getting in touch with this guy: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/67647/bamboo-ondemand-c-coverage-profile-reporting-and-release-management .

or google for "xslt cppunit junit", some people prepared cppunit->junit output converters.

0 votes
AmitB August 11, 2012

Yes, cppTest is able to generate reports in html. Can I just translate the JUnit and then enter it that way? Is there a more elegant solution?

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2012

Hi,

Is cppTest capable of outputting test results in some .xml format? I reckon there are Bamboo users who transforms theirs output formats to the junit test .xml format and use Bamboo JUnitTestResult parser task (I don't remember the exact name) to collect that data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events