How do I add DeltaWalker for diffs in SourceTree?

Sam Goody March 23, 2014

How would SourceTree be set up to use DeltaWalker for diffs?

Ideally, I would like to replace the existing diff tool within sourcetree with deltawalker, but if not, at least I would like to set it up for use as an external diff tool.

I have tried adding the path of DeltaWalker to the Preferences -> Diff -> Other: Diff command, but obviously am doing it wrong.

Is there any simple set of instructions to set this up?

5 answers

1 vote
Mikel Kew December 20, 2015

I know this is an old question, but just in case anyone else comes across it here's the way to do it for Mac:

Diff Command:

/Applications/DeltaWalker.app/Contents/MacOS/Deltawalker

Arguments:

"$REMOTE" "$LOCAL" -mi -pwd="`pwd`"

Merge Command:

/Applications/DeltaWalker.app/Contents/MacOS/Deltawalker

Arguments:

"$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" "$BASE" -merged="$MERGED" -mi -pwd="`pwd`" 

Source: http://www.deltawalker.com/integrate/other-apps.jsp

Rafael Bretón May 19, 2016

Ok! Thank you! I use to work but it stopped woking. No everything works

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

I found instructions here for editing git config by hand.

For SourceTree, you should be able to use the following. If it doesn't work, try varying use of quotes, and double check the paths for your installation:

External Diff Tool: Custom
Diff Command: "/Applications/DeltaWalker.app/Contents/MacOS/git-diff"
Arguments: "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE"

External Merge Tool: Custom
Diff Command: "/Applications/DeltaWalker.app/Contents/MacOS/bzr-git-merge"
Arguments: "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE" "$BASE" "$MERGED"

0 votes
Sam Goody April 10, 2014

When I added the commands as you posted them, clicking on "External Diff" opens DeltaWalker.

Thank you.

However, the files do not load - all I get is the errs (have tried with and without the quotes on local/remote):

- (No such file or directory)

- /var/folders/...script.js' has been deleted or is not accessible. To avoid unintentional loss of data, please save your changes or close the comparison window without saving.

- No error, but an empty window.

0 votes
Sam Goody March 24, 2014

When I open Preferences -> Diff, there is a section called External Diff / Merge.

I set the "Visual Diff Tool" to other, but have no idea what should be put into the "Diff Command" field or the "Arguments" field.

As per that article you linked to, I tried pasting just the path to DeltaWalker into the "Diff Command" field, and tried pasting in `DiffCommand=/Applications/DeltaWalker.app`

In the "Arguments", i've tried leaving it blank, and tried putting in `$LOCAL $REMOTE`

In all instances, the integrating diff doesn't change, and the "External Diff" button does absolutely nothing.

I cannot find a relevant help article, but assume that all I need is instructions how it ought to be set up.

Thanks

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

"Obviously am doing it wrong" - We can't see your screen. What is happening to make this so obvious? Is it still using the old diff tool? Doing nothing? Error message saying "You are doing it wrong"?

See if this (lengthy) question is related to your problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/254737/sourcetree-external-diff-path-issue-on-windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events