How can I update tables simultaneously across other pages in Confluence?

David Bettencourt March 17, 2014

Whenever I update content on a table, I'd like to have the capability of that data automatically updating on another table in a different page. This would save me a great deal of time without having to add the same data twice in 2 different pages.

2 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

I think Nic's answer is a good one. If you don't like it, another approach would be to use the metadata plugin -- use a metadata macro in one table and show the value in the others.

David Bettencourt March 18, 2014

Thank you! I appreciate your help, Jonathan.

Like Louise Du Toit likes this

Is there a tutorial to see how to implement the metadata macros in my table?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2014

I don't think so. The docs are in two pieces:

https://comalatech.jira.com/wiki/display/META/Confluence+Metadata+Plugin

and https://comalatech.jira.com/wiki/display/META/Metadata+plugin+version+1+documentation(The Metadata 2 docs actually add on to the Metadata 1 docs, rather than replicating anything).

For what you want to do, what you want is pretty simple: For the source, a Metadata macro, and for anyplace you want to reuse that value, a Metadata-from macro.

Like April Mae Calamatan likes this
3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

I'd put the table on a separate page, then use the include macro to repeat it in as many places that I needed it. One place to edit it, many places to see it.

Thank you, Nic!

Like Vickie Ponder likes this
Deleted user August 27, 2018

This is great, thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events