How can I get a list of users in a group along with the fields in their profile?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2011

We have clients who use our Confluence and we ask all of them to put their company name into their department. It would be great if someone (please!) could write a macro that would print a list of users in a specific groups (e.g. 'client') along with what they have entered for the 'department' field.

Could anybody help?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2011

Would the Mugshot Plugin work in your situation? I wrote it once with more or less the same usecase.

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2011

Well my goodness, Stefan, that'll definitely do for the time being. Ideally - IDEALLY - I would love for it to be in a table (even a table-plus) where I can easily organise the information but that plugin is certainly very useable.

Thank you so much!

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2011

are therre any performance impications for large groups (as userlister macro has)?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2012

If you work with the SQL plugin, you can get at the values directly from the database. It was pretty difficult to find this info: it's actually stored in the OS_PROPERTYENTRY table, with the "department" being defined not as a column but as a string value in the entity_key column. The key in this table matches up with the user entity in the content table, so you'd have to do some fancy SQL to get user and group info, but it can be done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events