Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable SSH

Dennis Talley September 25, 2013

I hate to ask this, because it's a fail. But I have several small projects in BitBucket/Sourcetree now and ever since I started trying to use SSH it's all a fail. I need to take the time to set it up right. But right now, I just want to do what I need to do to go forward with my projects. I hope there is a solution.

I keep trying to disable SSH and go back to HTTPS. Just for awhile, until I have time to get SSH working for me. What do I need to do? I just created a new project in BitBucket and when I tried to clone it, once again "Authentication via SSH keys failed".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Talley September 26, 2013

I will cancel this question. I believe I have SSH working, and found a workaround. In Bitbucket, I was selecting to clone using HTTPS, I thought, but it was using SSH. My mistake, somehow, I'm sure. In the end I did the CLONE from SourceTree instead and it worked. This I did after going through the SSH setup instructions and verifying that I did indeed have my SSH keys installed and configured correctly.

So in summary, my workaround was: create a new Repository in BitBucket. Select the CLONE button and select SSH, and then copy the URL. Open SourceTree and select the "CLONE/NEW" button. Use the "Clone Repository" tab and paste the Bitbucket URL. After that I dropped my source code in the new folder created by SourceTree. The file appeared on SourceTree. I committed it and it uploaded to Bitbucket okay.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events