HTML and custom field description

I have created a custom field (user picker). I would like the field description to be "bold" when displayed on screens. I put the description between <b>text</b> but that is how it is displayed on the screen. It does appear bold under the field on the Administration page. This is on Jira Software v 7.2.

1 answer

1 vote

Atlassian are removing the html from displays because it's a vector for security attacks.  They've not got around to the admin screens yet, as admins generally have to be trusted no matter what.

Thanks for quick reply. So there is no way to make the field description visually standout on my screens?

Not really, no.

We're using panel to have a more visual description : 

{panel:title=Problem statement|titleBGColor=#444852|bgColor=#f5f5f5|titleColor=#FFFFFF|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#444852}
Your text goes here
{panel}

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

349 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you