Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get/create user-specific credentials to access external datasource in user-macro

Hoek July 1, 2012

I'm using AJAX in user-macro's to display data from an external database on confluence pages. Now I'd like to show user-specific data from that external database, preferably without the confluence-user having to enter a username and password.

I don't have much experience with velocity or java, so I'm not sure which way to go. I'm thinking about getting the confluence-username in velocity, encrypt it in velocity, and use it that to authenticate with the external database. But what type of encryption is possible in velocity?

Or maybe there is another user-specific variable available in the velocity contexts, so I can use that along with the username to authenticate?

Or should I go with a completely different approach?

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2012

Consider using the Confluence SQL Plugin it uses application server datasources. Use the Confluence Cache Plugin for performance reasons.

Hoek July 1, 2012

I'm not sure if I explained it clear enough, but the SQL plugin wouldn't solve my problem, looking at this issue: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/SQL-11 . That and my datasource only works with AJAX/JSONP.

The Confluence Cache Plugin looks promising. I was also thinking about using your Script Plugin to use Beanshell to encrypt the username. Too bad the plugins are not yet compatible with Confluence 4.2.4.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2012

Ok. All these plugins are compatible with 4.x including 4.2. Marketplace should be automatically updating the point release compatibility for plugins, but isn't at the moment. I correct when someone mentions it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events