cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error due to HSQLDB

ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2012

Hi,

I made a big mistake here.

First of all, I was running Confluence with HSQLDB while JIRA,Fisheye running on MSSQL.

Yes, I admit, it is all my fault. I should have setup an external database.

Anyways,

One day morning, Confluence stopped working, and send all requests to Oops page.

In the log, it says integrity constraint key of BANDANA tables.

It seems like my crystal HSQLDB's primary indexing is corrupted.

I tried to migrate HSQLDB to MSSQL, but it didn't let me connect to make it exported.

So, I made a backup of Confluence, and uninstalled Confluence.

Then, re-installed.

Now, I get new ServerID and new license.

At this point, I decided to contact supports.

What would you suggest to get out of this disaster?

Thank you for your support in advance.

Best regard,

CJ Lee

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2012

Hi CJ,

If you have managed to take an XML backup of your Confluence data then you will be able to restore that to a new instance of Confluence that is using your MSSQL database.To do this you should backup your attachments directory and follow the instructions on this page to migrate your data: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+SQL+Server

However, when configuring your new MSSQL database please ensure that you follow these instructions exactly to prevent problems from occurring later on with your installation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+SQL+Server

You will find that once the data has been restored then the old Server ID will be implemented again so that it will remain compatible with your license, so once you ahve restored the data then this should resolve your issue.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events