I want to migrate some contents from my MediaWiki to Confluence.
I researched about UWC converter and tried it out with my local instances and it was working perfectly. But when I tried it out on out production instances it started giving some errors. After investigating I found out that that the pages of Mediawiki gets stored in the "text" table of the database.
I found out that our Mediawiki's "text" table stores the pages in "UTF-8, gzip" format while the actual instance stores it in "UTF-8" format. So whenever I try to export mediawiki content using UWC, it produces text files which have binary values in it. This is why while importing the pages to Confluence it produces error.
Can anyone please help me on how can I remove this error or how do I address this problem.
Not a tested solution, but I'd try to migrate the content writing a php script to extract the gzip data with gzipdeflate() and re-insert into an exact copy of the original TEXT table. Then for the time of migration, switch between the two tables. Ugly workaround, but could do the trick.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs