Exposing menu choices from within the page

Deleted user January 28, 2013

My team is replacing the standard Confluence header with our own. As a result, we'd like to surface the features on the now-hidden menus (Browse, User, Notifications) directly within the pages.

How should we go about this? Any ideas?

TIA,

David

1 answer

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

I answered a question a while ago where someone wanted to move a menu option into the page. You need to know the IDs of the menu items (which you can get from reading the source code of a rendered page).

It's not moving the menu, more activating the functionality from your own trigger point

How you generate it is up to you. You could create a user macr, use the HTML macro or create a custom plugin but you want to generate HTML like this

<a href="#" onclick="AJS.toInit(function(){AJS.$('#set-user-status-link').click();});" >Update Status</a>
The other IDs will be something like

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/90889/i-wanna-move-the-update-user-status-link-which-is-in-the-drop-down-menu

But If you want it back, why have you hidden them?

Can you not use the custom HTML to give you some header without wiping out the existing one?

Screenshot maybe?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events