Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude a Page layout column when exporting to PDF - how?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Hello,

Our wiki is set up so that it uses the page layout functionality to create two columns. The larger column to the left contains all the important content, so writing and pictures. The right one is used for the TOC and links etc.

We want to print the contents of the left column and not print the right column at all.

I'm sure this can be done by customising the space's CSS, but I've no idea how to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2013

No, it is not a per page solution. The code I offered should be added to the CSS once and changes columns in all pages.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

You must search the html code, find the two columns and then find a way to hide the second one but not the first one (which is difficult because there is no such thing like "first/second" in the code).

You can try with:

div.columnLayout.twoColumns .cell { display: none; }
div.columnLayout.twoColumns .cell:first-child { display: block; }

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

Steffen,

thanks for your help. I've edited the HTML for other pages, so in my experience this sort of thing works per page, but not en masse. Not being much of a coder, I'd assume that this isn't something that I could add to the CSS. But I'll give it a try and see what happens. :)

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events