Exception after moving from WebSphere to Tomcat

Logan Carpenter April 23, 2013

I have moved the Confluence system from a WebSphere Environment to one with Tomcat. In WebSphere however the version is 2.10.2, which is no longer available. Thus on Tomcat I installed/configured 2.10.4.

The pages seem to load fine except for images on the pages. When trying to render them I see the following exception:

Apr 23, 2013 3:32:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.confluence.user.PersonalInformation cannot be cast to com.atlassian.confluence.pages.AbstractPage
at com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.DefaultSpaceManager.getSpaceFromPageId(DefaultSpaceManager.java:590)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

I have to reupload the images from the new 2.10.4 version and then they render fine (but then they fail with the same exception when viewed from the old 2.10.2 environment.

I do have a confluence-2.10.2.war file for the old version, but when downloading the new verions zip file there are binaries included which I don't have in the war file.

My questions are:

1) Is there a step I am missing which is causing this exception to occur? I have looked over

the steps for migrating from 2.10.2 to 2.10.3/4 but I don't see anything which could alleviate the exception.

2) Is it possible to deploy just the 2.10.2 war file without the binaries into Tomcat?

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2013

If you still have your Websphere environment available you can first update it to 2.10.4 and then move it to the Tomcat environment, maybe that will help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events