Error when trying to install plug-in: "isValid License type restriction failed. Required COMMERCIAL, actual DEVELOPER"

Adam Porad February 25, 2013

My company has a Production instance of Confluence and a dev/test instance of Confluence.

I am trying to install Multi Excerpt Plugin diagramly plug-ins to the dev/test instance, but I am getting an error. The error message in the log file is isValid License type restriction failed. Required COMMERCIAL, actual DEVELOPER.

Is there a way that I can install the free or trial version in our dev/test environment which has an DEVELOPER license type? There are some other plugins I'd like to install too.

I want to install in the dev/test instance and not production, so the user who is requesting it can try it out there first. I don't want to install it in the Production instance and risk that users from other teams start using the macros before we decide to keep them.

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Porad February 27, 2013

I tried one more plugin and it also had the same error. I contacted Atlassian support again to follow-up on this question since I think it's a problem with our Confluence instance and not the plugins.

The two plugin vendors I contacted both said they didn't do any license type validation. Additionally, the License Validation Rules (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/UPM/License+Validation+Rules) states in the “Conditions that Invalidate a Plugin License” section: “If the application license is developer, all plugin license types are compatible.” So, I would expect all plugins should be compatible if the plugin isn't checking explicitly. And it seems like too much of a coincidence that I would get the same install error from plugins for three different vendors.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Does this happen for just these two plugins, are does it happen for any plugin you've tried?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events