Email notifications are not working

Gary Cane December 20, 2012

Whenever an action is taken in Crucible that should generate an email, the emails are not being received.

The Fisheye / Crucible mail server is configured -- our email server is setup to require a login and a valid user name and password are set. It appears that all works OK when 'Send test email' is attempted.

Looking at the log file in C: FISHEYE_Home var log I see the following error messages when notification emails should be sent from Crucible:

INFO | jvm 2 | 2012/12/21 14:12:59 | 2012-12-21 14:12:59,829 ERROR - problem sending email

INFO | jvm 2 | 2012/12/21 14:12:59 | com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

We are running Small Business Server 2011 and Exchange 2010. I believe I have relaying enabled correctly for the internal IP addresses. Also, we have JIRA, Confluence, and Bamboo running at our site and have no issues with notification emails being sent.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Gary Cane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Cane December 31, 2012

Make sure to check the radio button for send emails from server address or user address on the mail server setup page . . . in my case it was set to user address and the user address was not a fully qualified email address. The server then treated the email as a relay request from an untrusted source.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2014

where to enable that radio button. I don't see on my confluence page.

I know it's very old post however thought of seeking help.

chris cipolla August 10, 2016

@Pareshkumar Gandhi, did you ever find this as i am not seeing the radio in version 7.1.7

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

Hi Gary,

Please refer this KB available for the error.

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1

Hope this helps!

Gary Cane December 25, 2012

Turned out this was a setup issue. I had missed the radio button for Send emails from 'the server address or the user address'. This was set to the user address (which did not have a fully qualified name). When I changed it to server address the emails started working.

Thanks for your help . . .

Gary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events