Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Atlassian use a CDN? Access is impossibly slow from New Zealand

Deleted user May 8, 2012

Hi There,

We signed up yesterday morning (NZT) but none of the links from the signup emails would load until this morning (from two different ISPs) But they load so slowly compared to other sites/services it's almost unusable.

Is Atlassian having issues or is this the speed from our part of the world?

Also, in the past 15mins I've had many password errors to the point where neither the "Atlassian On Demmand" credentials or my.atlassin credentials work on this form to get help:

https://support.atlassian.com/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa

I suspect they might be time out issues - dunno?

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

3 answers

1 vote
nikobel July 10, 2013

OK - so it seems this has been going on for quite a while now (since question is from 2012). I love BitBucket but it is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE when you have teammembers accessing it outside of US. From majority of european countries you get like 1 KB/s connection and for some reason bitbucket.org is blocked in China.

Too bad that is seems this won't be fixed anytime soon...

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

China has a great firewall that blocks a lot of things. Github was blocked at one stage and then unblocked later. Atlassian will just need to request it to be unblocked, but not likely to happen soon.

nikobel July 10, 2013

@Harry Chan - yeah - I know it's the great firewall problem (and can be solved by simply using proxy in SourceTree). However, I'm bringing it up here so that people know in advance that BitBucket is not usable in most international scenarios. I've already tried contacting support and talking on the issue, but they just closed case on me. Which sucks because we as a community could try to solve this.

For China - we could start some petition or reach out to GitHub and see what they did (considering they also cherish "open" culture maybe they would be willing to help).

And for slow connections from Europe & New Zealand we could help debug network connection. But I guess noone in-house really cares about the issue.

0 votes
Deleted user May 8, 2012

Sorry mate, I don't know how to do that. All I know is that other international services we use (github, pbwiki etc) load a heck of a lot faster. I guess for whatever reason, we can expect the same speed from Atlassian if we signup for a full account.

Cheers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Try using ping or a trace route program to figure out where your weak link might be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events