Custom Fields do not appear or populate on a Cloned Subtask

I have a user who has created a "parent" issue, then a subtask.  The fields populate to the subtask.  They next CLONE the subtask and the fields do not appear on the cloned subtask.  I have checked the workflow post functions which do have the correct post functions to "copy" the field values from the "parent" issue but the more I'm reading about how subtasks and clones work, it appears that field values are not copied to the clone of a subtask.  To have those fields appear and populate it appears I would need a plugin such as Clone Plus or Misc Workflow Extensions (Copy Value from Field to field - before transition happens) at the Create Step.  Has anyone else worked through this?  Am I understanding the behavior correctly for cloned fields from a subtask?  Thanks for the help and advice. 

1 answer

1 accepted

if you dont want to buy Misc Workflow Extensions

you can try scriptrunner and create script postfunction that copy all values on clone step

Thanks much! I appreciate a second opinion that clarifies what I am seeing with the behavior!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

187 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot