Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Can't Send Email

Coop IT Coordinators April 19, 2012

After configuring an SMTP server in Crowd's Mail Configuration page, no emails are sent. The SMTP login credentials have been tested and are known to work.

There is no evidence (that I can find) of attempts to send emails, or the resultant failure message.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Coop IT Coordinators September 4, 2012

There was never any evidence in the logs of a failed attempt in our case. Eventually an Atlassian rep modified our database to fix the issue.

Sorry I can't help your problem!

Martín

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Any chance you have a ticket number or some kind of ID for a support request (we have a support contract and would love to be able to at least have some idea where to start).

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Fair enough. We are actually having an additional problem where some log file entries are written and some are not, depending on the user directory, so I thought that might lead us down a similar path. We'll file a ticket. THanks!

matt

Coop IT Coordinators September 4, 2012

Given that the symptoms aren't the same, I wouldn't assume that they're related. It might actually delay resolution by a support rep by confusing the sitution.

Also, I don't want to give out potentially sensitive information about our authentication system.

I would suggest opening a ticket, giving them logs, and letting them figure it out.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Posting here for the benefit of others.

The issue (and I am summarizing my IT guy's explanation, but what the hell) was that we whitelisted the Crowd server so that Exchange would allow emails to be sent through it. However, Exchange really wanted credentials from the Crowd server rather than being whitelisted. After removing Crowd from the whitelist, Crowd started sending the credentials (or Exchange started accepting the credentials), and the result is working emails.

Still having issues with users in one directory NOT working, but we're following up with Atlassian support on that.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Did you resolve this? We get a similar issue. The crowd log files show an error like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not send email to it@mydomain.com. Reason:No authentication mechansims supported by both server and client

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events