Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a drop down pick list

Jacob Courter October 28, 2011

I am looking for a way to create a drop down pick list within a page. I am not finding a way within the documentation or any supporting plug-ins. Hopefully I am just missing something.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2011

For Confluence pages, see Run Plugin

Jacob Courter October 30, 2011

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this was for Confluence.

Thanks Bob. I looked through a few of the plugins and the Confluence doco, but didn't think about the Run plugin. I'll check it out

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Jacob Courter ,

A dropdown section with custom values that can be switched in the page view mode can be created easily with our Handy Macros for Confluence.

0 votes
Terri Manco January 20, 2015

Yes, my bad. I thought I read "on a Confluence page" in his post, but I'd been looking at so many items trying to find an answer that I got confused. Apologies, and thanks for the reply!

0 votes
Terri Manco January 20, 2015

Pardon my ignorance, but why does Jacob need to specify which application he's looking at? Isn't "on a Confluence page" sufficient? Reason I ask is that I, too, would like to create a pick list on a Confluence page (with different status values—Delivered, In Progress, etc.). Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2015

The original question did not mention an application at all. There are several applications produced by Atlassian, one of which already does a "pick list" and "drop down" without any clever tricks. Confluence does not, so you'll need to find or write something to do it. But we can't tell you that without knowing which application he was talking about. (Bob took a good guess, and it was right)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2011

Um, you need to tell us which application you're looking at. (In Jira for example, it's a doddle - custom field of type "select list")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events