Creating a drop down pick list

I am looking for a way to create a drop down pick list within a page. I am not finding a way within the documentation or any supporting plug-ins. Hopefully I am just missing something.

4 answers

1 accepted

For Confluence pages, see Run Plugin

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this was for Confluence.

Thanks Bob. I looked through a few of the plugins and the Confluence doco, but didn't think about the Run plugin. I'll check it out

0 vote

Um, you need to tell us which application you're looking at. (In Jira for example, it's a doddle - custom field of type "select list")

Pardon my ignorance, but why does Jacob need to specify which application he's looking at? Isn't "on a Confluence page" sufficient? Reason I ask is that I, too, would like to create a pick list on a Confluence page (with different status values—Delivered, In Progress, etc.). Thanks.

The original question did not mention an application at all. There are several applications produced by Atlassian, one of which already does a "pick list" and "drop down" without any clever tricks. Confluence does not, so you'll need to find or write something to do it. But we can't tell you that without knowing which application he was talking about. (Bob took a good guess, and it was right)

Yes, my bad. I thought I read "on a Confluence page" in his post, but I'd been looking at so many items trying to find an answer that I got confused. Apologies, and thanks for the reply!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

64 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot