Content blueprint has no ContentTemplateRef with key: simplebp-template2 Edited

Hi,
I'm trying to follow the tutorials writing a blueprint for confluence ( 5.10.7 )

But i got stuck at  Write an advanced blueprint plugin
at step 1: Choosing between templates.

when i try to create a page from the second template I get the error:

We can't create that blueprint right now.
Content blueprint has no ContentTemplateRef with key: simplebp-template2

It seems like the reference between the

</web-item>
<!-- Template for Blueprint -->
<content-template key="simplebp-template" template-title-key="my.blueprint.title">
<resource name="template" type="download" location="/templates/mytemplate.xml" />
</content-template>

<!-- Second Template for Blueprint -->
<content-template key="simplebp-template2" template-title-key="my.blueprint.title2">
<resource name="template" type="download" location="/templates/mytemplate2.xml" />
</content-template>
</atlassian-plugin>

in the atlassian-plugin.xml and the

<option value="simplebp-template2">{getText('my.blueprint.title2')}</option>

in the simplebp.soy

I think the reference between these two doesn't work...

When i change the value (simplebp-template2) of the second template in the soy file to simplebp-template it will create the first template.

Regards,
Christian

3 answers

This was a problem for me as well - until I cleaned out my folder and removed the baggage from previous builds. It worked beautifully once things were cleaned up a bit.

Try this:

clean the confluence server folder periodically
Stop it by Ctrl+C
Make sure that plugin java process exited. In linux: ps -ef | grep java or through Task Manager in windows. Kill it if needed.
in project folder run: atlas-clean
launch again atlas-run or atlas-debug

Found the solution: Put the <content-template>s before their blueprint reference, like so:

<!-- Templates -->
<content-template key="template_version1" template-title-key="template_version1.title">
<resource name="template" type="download" location="/templates/version_1.xml" />
</content-template>

<content-template key="template_version2" template-title-key="template_version2.title">
<resource name="template" type="download" location="/templates/version_2.xml" />
</content-template>

<!-- Blueprint -->
<blueprint key="blp" index-key="indx">
<content-template ref="template_version1" />
<content-template ref="template_version2" />

I got stuck at the same tutorial. Nicolas' solution wasn't applicable since the <content-template>s were already before the <blueprint>.

A colleague advised me to create a standalone confluence instance with atlas-run-standalone and use atlas-cli instead of QuickReload even though it's deprecated. That did the trick for me without changing anything in my files. I'm not sure what exactly the problem was so this is more of a workaround, but it works for me...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Agility Beta

We've moved!

A note to all watchers that we've moved to a new community home... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility/ct-p/agility Please update your notification subscriptions to keep across the ...

56 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you