Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Auto Formatting - OFF

MPal Pal September 25, 2012

Confluence does something really annoying, which is auto formatting my content. It is very hard to manage.

When I export to PDF, it takes some areas which are "paragraph" as "heading 3".

Is there a way to switch this feature off please?

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Hi,

It may be late, but you may try the following:

Navigate to user profile > Settings > (From the left side bar) Editor

Then press Edit and "Disable Autoformatting".

0 votes
MPal Pal September 26, 2012

Hi Simon,

Is there a way to turn off the rich text formatting? Even when I edit content in confluence it sometimes puts linebreaks and stuff as it wishes.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Afraid not - the rich text/WYSIWYG editor can't be turned off while editing. There are quirks and bugs we are working on - hopefully it will improve over time.

You can always edit the source diectly with the Source Editor plugin, but it is tougher than the rich text editor:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Hi MPal,

I don't think you can turn the feature off per-se, but you can override the PDF styling when you export:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF

-Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events