Confluence - Blog Post Macro rendering error

Cornelius Engelhardt June 28, 2012

After adding a new blog post, all the blog post macros display this error message:

Error rendering macro 'blog-posts' : com.atlassian.renderer.v2.macro.MacroException: com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Page cannot be cast to com.atlassian.confluence.pages.BlogPost

I have googled this error and a few other users have it as well but no solution is desplayed anywhere.

Thanks for helping!

3 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

Hi Cornelius,

The cause of your issue might be due to a corrupted plugin cache or due to third party plugin. Before you proceed to create support ticket, you might want to try the following steps to narrow down the root cause of your issue

1. Shutdown Confluence instance
  2. Remove the following directories
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugin-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
  3. Rename <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
  4. Restart Confluence
  5. Please try to replicate the issue and see if it persist
  6. If the issue still persist, please try to enable plugin safe mode and see if the problem persist

The above steps will ensure that the cause of your issue is not due to third party plugin and corrupted plugin cache on your end. Please attach the fresh logs created by Confluence during the restart process on the created ticket so that our engineer could review it for you.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
m.stelzner July 25, 2012

Hi Cornelius,

I had the same issue. My blogpost was somehow transformed into a "normal" page. Deleting the page and a rebuild of the index solved the problem.

How did you fix this? Support Ticket at Atlassian?

Michael

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2012

Hi Cornelius,

I don't have an answer, but I think, you should contact Atlassian Support with this: http://support.atlassian.com

Good Luck

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events