Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a Perforce repository to shared user

Andrew DeFaria July 8, 2014

We are evaluating Cruicible and I'd like to set up a connection to a Perforce repository. I set this up for a test Perforce repository and just used my username/password for the connection. But I'd rather use a "service account" we have named "shared". "shared" has no password and usually we can use this unlimited time user by specifying a path to a Perforce tickets file that has a long expiring ticket for Perforce. However I cannot find how to get this setup for Cruicble which is a web service. Do I need to attempt to configure Apache to put the env var of P4TICKETS pointing to a p4tickets file into Apache's environment. Or is there some other trick to this.

I've tried specifying "shared" and no password (or even a dummy password) and when I test connection I get:

Perforce Server Version: P4D/NTX64/2014.1/871904 (2014/06/03)

Perforce Server Time: 2014/07/09 10:56:03 -0700 Pacific Daylight Time

Non-zero exit status determining latest revision: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException:Non-zero exit code: 1 | User crucible doesn't exist.

Error testing connection.
Unable to determine latest revision. No revision information was returned - check path exists, permissions and output encoding
at com.cenqua.fisheye.perforce.client.P4Client.getLatestRevision(P4Client.java:108)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.perforce.P4ScmConfig.testConnection(P4ScmConfig.java:167)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.perforce.P4ScmConfig.testConnection(P4ScmConfig.java:154)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:441)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:682)

Connection failed.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew DeFaria July 8, 2014

Just noticing that the error message says "User crucible doesn't exist". Really? On which machine exactly? Cause it does exists on the Linux server running Crucible.

I tried to configure my production instance just like my test instance using my username/password so people can at least evaluate things but when I try doing this I get the same error as above! It works on test and complains on production!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events