Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning from Bit Bucket in Source Tree

Biswadeep Datta January 9, 2014

I am getting the above response when I tried to clone my repository from Bit Bucket. What is wrong with the above url? I am using Source Tree for Windows 7.

7 answers

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

Seth is correct, for the git clone command, you'll want to use SourceTree's Terminal because it doesn't look like you have Git installed on your machine outside of SourceTree.

For the "ssh bitbucket.org" command, you'll want to use the command prompt.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Can't help but point out that it should be "git clone", not "git coone".

Assuming that was just a typo in the post, make sure you are running your git commands via SourceTree's "Terminal", not a raw Windows command prompt.

0 votes
Biswadeep Datta January 13, 2014

Please tell me how do I do this. I also tried by remiving the user name but nothing happens. No errors are shown by specifying the git coone command in the COmmand Prompt. It says unrecognised command.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2014

You may also need to add the bitbucket.orgRSA key fingerprint to your known hosts, you can do that with "ssh bitbucket.org"

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2014

The steps you're using should work, but you should be prompted to authenticate to Bitbucket to clone the repository. If you were to remove the username from the URL (https://bitbucket.org/sourish_ghosh/project_management.git) and try to clone that, what happens?

Also, if you open up command prompt and try the git clone command, do you get any additional errors?

git clone https://biswadeep_datta@bitbucket.org/sourish_ghosh/project_management.git

0 votes
Biswadeep Datta January 10, 2014

I am not prompted for authentication when SourceTree is checking the source. These are the steps followed by me when working with SourceTree:Step 1: Open BitBucket and go to my repository.

Step 2: From my repository, I click on the Clone button.

Step 3: In the Clone window, I click on "Clone in SourceTree"

Step 4: SourceTree opens with the window (screen shot sent)

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong in the above procedure.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2014

Are you prompted to authenticate when Sourcetree is checking the source?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events