Cloned issues are not being linked to original

Bradley Wagner November 29, 2011

Hi, after our import into JIRA Studio from our local JIRA server, cloned issues are no longer being linked to the original. I believe we renamed the Link Type for this in our local server and perhaps this change didn't persist when we migrated to JIRA Studio.

It's not urgent but it was definitely a nice to have as we sometimes need to clone/move issues into a different project and having it automatically add the link was helpful.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2011

I suspect it's the renaming - you probably followed the info in http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Advanced+JIRA+configuration+with+jira-application.properties# to do that.

The default is:

# The prefix added to the summary of cloned issues and the clone linktype name

jira.clone.prefix = CLONE -

jira.clone.linktype.name = Cloners

So I'd suggest (temporarily) creating or renaming a link type as "Cloners" and see if that does the linking correctly. If it does, then that's the problem, and you can either go back to using "Cloners" or contact OnDemand support to see if they can change it to match your link name.

Bradley Wagner December 13, 2011

Thanks Nic. That looks to have been the case. An OnDemand support engineer corrected the problem for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events