Chain of dependencies in Bamboo

Hello,

We have 4 projects. They are dependant one on another in following way:

A->B->C->D

We want to have the ability to chain them in bamboo, so that when build A finishes, it would start next one in the line (B, then C and finally D).

Another important thing is that anybody checks in anything to any of the above git repositories, we want for Bamboo to pick up the change and start the build process automatically. 

i.e. somebody pushes a change to project B, bamboo picks it up and starts following build in order:

1) B

2) C

3) D

Thus far this works for us fine. Problems start to arise, when somebody pushes changes to more than one git repo at the same time. Build order is no longer preserved and you can see failing of the builds often times, as changes are very often dependant on each other.

Is there a way to solve this issue we are experiencing?

We've set it up using Plan configuration -> Dependencies

Bamboo version is 5.3

Thanks

1 answer

Have you tried dependency blocking strategy ? in dependencies tab

image2014-10-24 9:59:7.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

462 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you