Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ssh into Bamboo Elastic Instances

Florent Ferere (DO NOT USE) October 31, 2013

I am having trouble installing software on Bamboo Elastic Instances. When I try to run any "yum install" command on a script during a build job, it reports I do not have permissions. When I try to sudo the commands, the error is that there is no tty. When I try "su -c", the error is similar: "standard in must be a tty".

This is the current content of my script:

echo "Installing dependencies..."
sudo yum -y install glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i686 libstdc++.i686 zlib-devel.i686 ncurses-devel.i686 libX11-devel.i686 libXrender.i686 libXrandr.i686

The main problem, tough, is that I cannot ssh into any of the instances I create through Bamboo (all of them default Bamboo Amazon Linux instances).

I've followed the instructions and created and destroyed what it feels like a hundred instances already, but no luck.

When I try to connect, I always get access denied:

$ ssh -i elasticbamboo.pk ec2-user@ec2-54-226-175-246.compute-1.amazonaws.com
The authenticity of host 'ec2-54-226-175-246.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.226.175.246)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 2a:81:77:60:6b:fa:66:21:9f:37:14:c6:49:bc:3f:f7.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'ec2-54-226-175-246.compute-1.amazonaws.com,54.226.175.246' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).

Any ideas or suggestions? Is there a way anyone from Atlassian can take a look at our account?

This is with Bamboo OnDemand. We have JIRA and Confluence 6.1.x

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

use ec2-user@your instance. Otherwise ssh will use your current account name which probably does not exist on that instance.

The full command line for ssh is listed on Bamboo instance page for your convenience (also things like Windows instance passwords, etc.)

0 votes
Stephen Goldberg December 4, 2013

If you can become root, on my client server not my Bamboo server i have a user named bamboo and in visudo (a linux command)

i put:
Defaults:%bamboo !requiretty
Defaults:bamboo !requiretty

to run commands with sudo.

Also how are you creating your .ppk file from amazons .pem?
I have never had an issue signing on with my .ppk file generated by Putty from amazons .pem file downloaded after the key is generated?

Good luck

0 votes
Jesper Goos November 25, 2013

I have the same problem - did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events