Cannot load xml file as new Gliffy Template in JIRA OnDemand

Amber L Garcia November 30, 2012

We need to wireframe in Gliffy / JIRA ondemand. My team created a GXML file to use as a template moving forward. However, each time we go to load it as a template, we get the following error (see below) I also tried to import a visio diagram with no luck either. What's the issue?

Error:

,Thrown object:java.lang.NullPointerException
Short Description:java.lang.NullPointerException
Stack trace:

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

Hi again,

To follow up, this problem was caused by a bug in Gliffy. The import process did handle an image in the diagram improperly, resulting in the error. I have provided a work-around in the support ticket at gliffy.com, so I believe this issue is addressed for you in the immediate term. The bug report for the underlying issue can be found here:

http://jira.gliffy.com/browse/GJIRA-63

We would encourage anyone who has experienced this sort of problem to contact us at http://support.gliffy.com. We will be releasing a bug fix to the OnDemand environment as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Keith Rockhold
keith@gliffy.com

0 votes
Christian Chapman September 15, 2013

Hi Keith,

I see this Bug reports as Resolved but we are still seing this as a major issue moving forward with using this plugin. We are running the latest version of JIRA and the Gliffy OnDemand plugin. Any guidance here?

Thanks,

Christian

Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

Hi Christian,

Would you please contact support@gliffy.com. I'm sure they'll get this straightened out quickly.

Thanks,

Keith Rockhold
keith@gliffy.com

0 votes
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for using Gliffy. We found an issue with the image you sent us on the Gliffy Support website and will reply to it there.

Thanks,

Keith Rockhold
keith@gliffy.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events