Can't access Confluence from web broswer

Scott Dimmick January 23, 2013

I've just installed Confluence to a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine on a VM. When I try to browse to HTTP://localhost:8090 or to 10.1.0.213:8090 (the IP address of the Server), it cannot connect to Confluence. The laptop can ping the server no problem and I have JIRA set up on another VM machine (thats hosted on the same physical machine as the Confluence) that I can access no problem using the IP address 10.1.0.212:8080.

Any suggestions on what to check for with Confluence and what is casing the issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Dimmick January 29, 2013

Winded up rebuilding the server, and had no problem with it after that.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

are there any firewall settings that restrict communication on that port?

you may need to allow 8090 if your fw only allows common ports

can you access your <serverIP>:80 and talk with the webserver?

i suggest you will need to allow both 8080 and 8090 to access jira & confluence

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2013

If you are sure that there is no firewall, the reason can either be 'the application is not running' or 'the running port may not be 8080 or 8090'.

Scott Dimmick January 24, 2013

No firewall between server and laptop thats trying to access it. I added the 8090 port to the windows firewall on the server to make sure it was open and still can't telnet into the port.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

maybe the application isn't allowed to open the port...

just like Vishnu said...you will need to dig in the logs for more info

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2013

Have you check whether the port 8090 is accessible from your machine ? You may try 'telnet 10.1.0.213 8090'. Also, did you change the default port in server.xml ?

Check out the logs as well, you will come to know wherther Confluence is started or not.

Scott Dimmick January 24, 2013

I tried Telneting to the Conflunence service and it failed, but it also failed to the working JIRA server. I did try changing the default server port to see if I could access it, but it didn't help and went back to the default.

As for the logs, which one should I be looking at or posting here?

I'm using version 4.3.6

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2013

Please search in 'atlassian-confluence.log' from Confluence Home directory.

0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Which confluence version?

Can you post some of the logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events