Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I specify a different directory than the working directory when cloning a repository in Bamboo?

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

I have several projects which use a set of precompiled libraries. Our directory structure has this libraries folder at the same location as the base working directory of Bamboo. The libraries are also under version control and we are trying to figure out a way to have bamboo pull them to a directory that is not the working directory of the project being built.

C:\projects\Libraries

C:\projects\bamboo_plan_checkouts

edit: We are using mercurial

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Since Bamboo 3.3 you can have your Source Checkout as a Task. You can have as many Tasks in any Job as you want. Tasks execute in sequence, inside the Job. Each Job runs on the same agent, inside the same build working directory.

* Task 1, Checkout the Libraries to subdir .\Libraries

* Task 2, Checkout Project A to subdir .\Project A

* Task 3, Build Project A using path references to .\Libraries that refer to the build.working.directory

A better solution, though, may be to look into Mercurial Nested repositories: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Subrepository?action=show&redirect=subrepos

I'm assuming developers will need to know which bits to checkout too and you don't want your CI builds building one way and your local Dev builds building a totally different way.

For how to reference a given build's working directory during the build, see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+Global%2C+Plan+or+Build-specific+Variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events