Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I share a blog privately to anonymous users

André Hess November 7, 2013

Hi. I'm in a large organization that uses a specific tool that I'm developing. Many people may be interested in following the blog but for that, should they be users? It may contain sensitive information so I'm affraid to make it anonymously available but I don't think my company wants to pay a lot of confluence users just to follow a blog.

Is there any way to limit the blog visibility to people on my google apps domain?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

To piggyback on what Matthew suggested you could create one user for this purpose, and then have a separate web form that will take their existing company login creds and if those validate it will submit the confluence user creds for the blog reader account to confluence and log them in with that account. That way they never know the creds for the Confluence account and you don't have to change the password everytime some leaves.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

You could add some authentication script to the blog's decorator that only allows certain users or groups to see a page. But I don't know how you'd establish a group of users without actually creating users.

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2013

Hi Andre,

Very sorry that it is not possible to limit Confluence blog visibility to your Google apps users. Because those users bust be given Confluence application accesses which consume license count in order to view Confluence blog.

Best Regards,

Steven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events