Can I prevent users from updating attachments?

I am working in a regulated environment where I have to prevent unnoticed changes to Confluence pages. If I use an attached image in a page and the page has been officially approved, it must not be possible to change the content of the page by updating the attachment. 

Can I prevent updates to attachments through the permission scheme?

Or can I write a Java plugin that hooks into the upload process and cancels it if an attachment with the same name is already present? If yes, how?

1 answer

0 vote

Hey Tuelle, 

Why don't you just remove edit permissions when a page is done? And only leave the view permission for everyone? 

I still want some people to have the edit option for the page content. I am writing a macro for an approval process in a regulated environment.  When a certain version of the attachment is approved and displayed in the page as approved, it may not be possible to replace the attachment while pretending to remain approved. So I need a unique attachment identifier for each attachment and version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

230 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot