Can I create partial templates to be inserted in pages?

ThomasMldr April 21, 2017

Is there a way to create partial templates that can be used in pages? 
For example a section that could be repeated multiple times on a page, without having to copy paste the previous section and altering the content everytime. Kind of like a snippet that can be inserted with all the normal behaviors of a template page like helper text etc.

I read that you can create user macros, but that doesn't seem to be very user friendly for what I'm trying to achieve.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

Not in the way you describe it.  I think your look at "user macros" probably is the way to do it.

I have done this before, for pages that are talking about groups of servers.  Imagine I've got 5 JIRA servers to talk about and I want each reference to one of them in my text to be a link to the server information page.  I wrote a macro that displays the text and link when a user uses [jira: 4] or [jira: 2] etc.

A related case - use include or include-excerpt so that you can have pages of data that you want to repeat.  You edit the source page once, and all the places you've referred to it display the new data automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events