[CONF] How can I run some JS when the pagetree has finished loading?

Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I am writing a user macro and part of the code is going to target the active page in the page tree (which uses the {pagetree} macro) and apply some simple styling to it.

The code is as follows:

#set ($activePage = "#childrenspan$content.getIdAsString()-0")

<script type="text/javascript">   
    var AP = '${activePage}';
    jQuery(AP).addClass('activePage');
</script>

As you can see it's a mixture of VTL and JS - the VTL sets a variable and passes it to the JS, which is basically the ID for the current page in the page tree.

However, it is running before the page tree has loaded. This means that it's effectively returning nothing. If you run the code in the developer console after the page has finished loading then it works.

So the question is, how can I run some JS after the {pagetree} macro has finished loading?

3 answers

1 vote
Beth Aitman November 23, 2013

Here I shall add a completely horrible hacky solution, in the hope that its sheer hackiness encourages somebody from Atlassian to suggest the correct way to do this!

Add a script at the end of your page HEAD:

var oldInit = AJS.toInit;

AJS.toInit = function(A) {
oldInit(A);
// Do some code of our own
var AP = '${activePage}';
    jQuery(AP).addClass('activePage');
};

Since this code runs before the pagetree plugin is invoked (in batch.js), we hijack the onInit function to add our own code to run at the end.

0 votes
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

(can't seem to delete)

0 votes
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

As I can't edit my post, that should say "but it didn't have an effect".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events