Bonfire extension for Safari opens new tab with previous page zoomed in, no navigation control

Chris Downey April 2, 2013

I'm new to JIRA and Bonfire. I just downloaded and installed the Bonfire extension for Safari. It seems to install fine, and places the Bonfire icon at the top of my Safari window next to the address bar.

However, when I turn it on, it opens a new tab called "Bonfire" with the Bonfire pane on the left, but with the previous tab's content "zoomed in" several times. All the functionality seems intact in the Bonfire pane (can connect to JIRA server, create Issue, add to existing Issue, etc.), but I cannot "zoom out" the content of the page or click any of the links on the page. There is only the editing bar above the page for grabbing pieces of the page to attach, adding text boxes, etc. When I close that, the "Bonfire" tab also closes.

Seems like a bug within Safari as I've installed the plug-in in Firefox on the same machine, and it seems to behave properly (doesn't create new tab, content regular sized, links clickable). Am I right?

Macbook Pro - Retina, 2.3 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM

Mac OSX 10.8.3

Safari 6.0.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Hey Chris, I was also able to reproduce this scenario. Actually, it seems that you can't navigate through JIRA while using Bonfire's extension with Safari, because it seems to be automatically taking a screenshot of the page that you were viewing and opening the editor mode.

This does not happen while using Bonfire's extension with Firefox, that seems to be only opening the editor mode when we take a screenshot, otherwise we can continue navigating through JIRA with Bonfire's extension running.

I have reported this behavior to Bonfire's development team - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BON-1824. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on it, as well as add yourself as a watcher to get notified upon every update it may have.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events