Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket JIRA Integration

richa gautam July 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Linking Bitbucket Server with JIRA

We have many users in JIRA who are not the users of bitbucket. We do not want to create them as users in bitbucket. So when we are integrating JIRA  + Bitbucket, will those extra users in JIRA be able to access the Bitbucket repository? Will they be able to see the commits/ details of the commits and stories that are linked to Bitbucket in jira? How does the uneven user mapping work with this integration? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

You can configure different permissions in Bitbucket. The users in JIRA won't be able to access the repositories, or see the commits, unless they are also registered users in Bitbucket.

Every user in JIRA should identify themselves as a Bitbucket user, using OAuth, if they want to view the commits and such inside JIRA. If not, they will not be able to see it.

richa gautam July 25, 2016

So the userids/usernames for the JIRA and Bitbucket should be same? As we have different ids for JIRA  and Bitbucket for the same user.? DO we need to have the same ids and get it changed in JIRA/Bitbucket?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

No. The integration uses OAuth tokens. A JIRA user will identify himself as a Bitbucket user first time and the tokens are generated at that time. It is a one time process.

richa gautam August 31, 2016

For Bitbucket JIRA integration,I am using application links. I have created an application link in Bitbucket for JIRA. and now when I edit it to set OAUTH for outgoing it asks me to login as Administrator.  so i log in as Bitbucket admin and it doesnt allow me the acces . 

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2016

Does that Bitbucket admin has access in JIRA? If you are configuring the JIRA end of OAuth, you need to login as a JIRA admin.

richa gautam August 31, 2016

No the Bitbucket admin and JIRA admins are separate. Even the users have different usernames and passowrds for JIRA and Bitbucket. Is there a link I should follow to incorporate the integration? Right now what I have achieved so far is creating application link for JIRA on bitbucket server. Can you guide me how to move forward? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2016

"If you are not an admin on both servers you won't be able to set up a 2-way (reciprocal) application link. If you want to go ahead and create a 1-way link anyway, clear the I am an administrator on both instances checkbox."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/using-applinks-to-link-to-other-applications-776637107.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events