Best remote agent architecture for integrating Java and .Net application in CI

As per my requirement, I need to integrate Bitbucket repository with Bamboo CI server hosted on linux machine as per following:

1. .Net application on Bitbucket
  2. Java test application on BitBucket.
  3. When there is a commit on .Net application repository, Bamboo should trigger MSBuild to build the repository on AWS windows server.
  4. After that, Bamboo should trigger Maven test of Java repository to test the .Net application.

As I have mentioned, Bamboo server is hosted on linux machine, so I can only trigger Java Maven build from local agent as MSBuild.exe is not available on linux machine. So as per my thinking I need to create Remote agent on another Windows machine [hosted on AWS] to trigger the MSBuild.

Please confirm this approach and provide best practice suggestion for this requirement.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Your approach is right. You can just have the build run on remote Windows server. Everything else is business as usual. Just you the right tasks in the right order wink

Hi Jobin, Thanks for the answer. I work with Chintan on this. Would it also be a good idea to send commands to remote windows machine from the existing linux server and avoid creation of a remote agent? Would that be helpful?

We were thinking of sending the remote commands using freeSSHD and powershell. Is that a good idea too?

I wouldn't do that unless you don't want spend money on a remote agent. Never tried it and so I am not sure how robust that solution would be.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

195 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you