Basic table formatting in Confluence 4.0

Deleted user December 9, 2011

I'm trying to create some very basic two-column tables in Confluence 4.0 and mystified at the apparent lack of any formatting control for tables. I want only two things:

• Control table width so all tables on a given Confluence page are the same size horizontially.
  • Control column width so that columns are of a uniform width regardless of the length of the text contained within a given column.

These things are so basic for HTML tables so I'm a little boggled that they appear to be unsupported, so I must be missing something.

I'm only using the Confluence 4.0 standard table macro. I've poked around with table-plus but haven't had any success.

Thanks,

Ken

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2011

Hi Ken,

Unforunately it doesn't look like it's possible to set widths on tables or columns - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1398

One way I got around this in the past was to use sections and columns as it is possible to set widths on columns, e.g.

{section}
{column:width=33%}
Some Text
{column}
More Text
{column}
Last Text
{column}
{section}

in old wiki markup. You can still do the same in Confluence 4.0, but need to set the column widths by editing the property panels of the columns.

Hope that's of some help?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events