Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bamboo] How to cleanup maven local repository on agent?

Shijun Kong October 29, 2012

I am happy to find out that Bamboo is capabile of isolation maven local repository on each agent. Now I have a problem how to clean up maven local repository on an agent (better, if there is a way to automatically wipe out after each build).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

You can create a Final Task (as a regular script task) that will remove the repository, there's no automated way of doing it.

Shijun Kong October 29, 2012

I see. Thanks.

bjartenilsen March 19, 2013

How do you access the variable of local repo in a script when it's isolated? The expression

$BAMBOO_HOME/.m2/AGENT-${agendid}/repository

from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+repository+isolation+for+Maven+executables

Gives me an null-string for the ${agentid} part when used in script

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

Hi Bjarte,

just to be sure we're on the same ground: are you using ${agentid} or ${bamboo.agentId} (note the 'bamboo.' prefix and the uppercase 'I' in the 'Id' part) ? That said, I think the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+repository+isolation+for+Maven+executables is outdated a bit - could you confirm whether the ${bamboo.agentId} substitution does work for you? If yes, I'd update the docs.

cheers!

${bamboo.agentID} works.

My inline script contains:

1. echo *** SCRIPT START ***

2. echo Repo: $BAMBOO_HOME/.m2/AGENT-$AGENTID/repository

Environmant variables settings on job:

AGENTID=${bamboo.agentId}

Build result.

20-Mar-2013 13:00:49 Running pre-build action: Maven Settings Prebuild Action
20-Mar-2013 13:00:49
Substituting variable: ${bamboo.agentId} with 20709377

20-Mar-2013 13:00:50 *** SCRIPT START ***

20-Mar-2013 13:00:50 Repo: /dnb/data/bamboo-home/.m2/AGENT-20709377/repository

using Bamboo 4.3.2 build 3402 -28 Nov 12

Thank you

0 votes
tomas.bohunek March 27, 2015

Hi guys.

This command

echo Repo: $BAMBOO_HOME/.m2/AGENT-${bamboo.agentId}/repository

shows me: 

Repo: /.m2/AGENT-32047106/repository

Env. variable AGENTID=${bamboo.agentId} is set correctly. I think correct output should be /home/bamboo/agent1-home/.m2/AGENT-32047106/repository

Where do I have issue? Thanks for some response.

0 votes

You should look into Maven dependency plugin. It has a purge local repo goal. ( http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/purge-local-repository-mojo.html )

Put it in your maven pom of your project - and it will always delete all the dependencies your project depends on from local repo, and redownload them prior to building.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events