Bamboo Automatic Branch Detection of a deleted branch

Todd Behunin June 5, 2013
I'm using Automatic Branch Detection of my plan and have several branches. I deleted a few branches (in Bamboo) because I didn't want to wait however many days of inactivity for them to automatically drop off. Well, now I have a need to start working back in those branches and have Bamboo to detect and rebuild them. However, that automatic detection isn't working on those deleted branches. It seems as if the Bamboo database had "soft deleted" the branches and is remembering NOT to auto detect them again. Is there a way around this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Hello Todd,

I don't think there exists simple workaround to make Bamboo picking up again deleted branches. Please take a look at the following issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12161 - there is discussion why Bamboo is behaving this way. You can consider placing your vote on that issue, so we know that re-creating deleted branches is a highly needed feature in Bamboo.

On the other hand - why re-creating manually these branches in Bamboo is not an option for you? Is it because you have multiple plans that you would have to traverse and the amount of 'create branch' buttons you would need to hit is too high? Or is it some other reason?

regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events