Automatic windows service does not run after Upgrade to confluence 4.3.3

Erik Elman November 27, 2012

Just recently performed upgrade to Confluence 4.3.3. Running via startup.bat works with no problem.

Install windows service via command service.bat install Confluence and install runs without an error.

Tried starting the created Confluence service, but it does not work, it comes up with this error below

Windows could not start the Apache Tomcat Confluence on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 0.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erik Elman December 20, 2012

Remove confluence service

Re-install JDK (by uninstalling JDK and install latest JDK on Java website)

Install confluence service

Change confluence service on AD account

Start confluence service and verify your wiki website.

Cheers,

1 vote
Karl Yan December 5, 2012

Just use 32bit JDK

if you check the commmons-daemon.log you will see

>>>

[2012-12-06 18:40:22] [info] Running 'Confluence' Service...

[2012-12-06 18:40:22] [info] Starting service...

[2012-12-06 18:40:22] [error] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

[2012-12-06 18:40:22] [error] Failed creating java C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

<<<

this means

Problem with 64-bit Windows

If you are running 64-bit Windows, please note that Apache Tomcat cannot run as a Windows service if you are using a 64-bit JDK. Please ensure that you are using a 32-bit JDK. Refer to our knowledge base article for more information.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

I couldn't see anything in the OP in relation to a 64-bit Windows and/or 64-bit JDK. How did you find this out? Are we sure this is the source of the problem?

The OP needs to provide more information on environment and setup.

Guillermo Villasana May 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your answer. It helped me a lot. The problem was the JDK 64 bits. I installed JDK 32 bits (without uninstalling JDK64 bits). My configuration is Windows 2008 64 bits, JDK 32 bits, Tomcat 7, Confluence 5.5 (from zip file)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events