Atlassian upm page-objects library: error while binding PluginManager page to class

I'm trying to test an add-on I develop using atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects  library ( https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.atlassian.upm/atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects ) from Maven central. I'm using the latest version of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects (tried 2.19-mapps-m5 and 2.18.4) and Atlassian Bitbucket v5.0.0.

I'm running just

bitbucket.visit(PluginManager.class);

function, but it fails due to timeout:

com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.PageBindingWaitException: [PageObject:com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager@62417a16]
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$WaitUntilPhase.execute(InjectPageBinder.java:519)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$InjectableDelayedBind.advanceTo(InjectPageBinder.java:647)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$InjectableDelayedBind.bind(InjectPageBinder.java:628)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.navigateToAndBind(InjectPageBinder.java:124)
        at com.atlassian.webdriver.bitbucket.AbstractBitbucketTestedProduct.visit(AbstractBitbucketTestedProduct.java:63)

Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: Query <com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Conditions$And:
 -com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.webdriver.WebDriverLocatableBasedTimedCondition[interval=100,defaultTimeout=20000][locatable=WebDriverSingleLocator[locator=By.id: upm-panel-manage],valueProvider=hasClass]
 -com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.webdriver.WebDriverLocatableBasedTimedCondition[interval=100,defaultTimeout=20000][locatable=WebDriverSingleLocator[locator=By.id: upm-panel-manage],valueProvider=hasClass]>
Expected: is <true> by 20000ms (default timeout)
Got (last value): <false>
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntil(Poller.java:196)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntil(Poller.java:114)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntilTrue(Poller.java:36)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager.waitUntilTabIsLoaded(PluginManager.java:105)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.callLifecycleMethod(InjectPageBinder.java:260)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.access$900(InjectPageBinder.java:79)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$WaitUntilPhase.execute(InjectPageBinder.java:508)
        ... 33 more

The reason why this happens is in

at com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager.waitUntilTabIsLoaded(PluginManager.java:105)

It waits until an element with id="upm-panel-manage" has 2 CSS classes: "upm-selected" and "loaded" while in 2 my browsers (Firefox and Chrome) the fully loaded "upm-panel-manage" element effective contains only "upm-selected" (and "upm-panel" but this doesn't matter):

<div id="upm-panel-manage" class="upm-panel upm-selected">
</div>

So I wonder how that could happen at all if UPM plugin has so many tests? And how would I overcome the problem? Should I wait for the next release of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects library?

I tried to instantiate a class from PluginManager as a work-around to redefine waitUntilTabIsLoaded() call, this allowed to overcome this error at this very steps, but other methods bind PluginManager class explicitly, so it didn't help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

64 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you