Atlassian Answers - Just Numbers in Topics

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Quick question..

Does anybody know why on the topic list on some questions there are only numbers? (image added) Is this some kind of bug, spam or something else (like people just add this to the list)?

aa_topics.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

It's the page ID from the Confluence documentation that the person was on when they clicked on the "help with this doc over at answers" link.

(I'm not sure it's that much help, but I'm sure there's some logic to it.  Shame that Confluence has now had labels broken by allowing spaces too - massive proliferation of single, useless labels)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2016

Oh.. I see. So it is sound like .. we do not allow comments any more but do not want to stop getting feedback about the specific documentation .. Is this a good solution? .. not quite  .. would be good to generate a list under a question that says: "This question is related to this article in the documentation.. and those are all answers  " or something like that ..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2016

I'd agree that a lot of the comments were not a lot of use.  Many of them added nothing and just got in the way of real information.  Not the best way to get feedback.

I'm not sure dropping it on answers is a lot better.  I think it's improved the help people get when the docs do not make sense, but it's probably weakened the suggested improvements feedback loop.

The questions do have "this was created because user is stuck on document X" at the top of them when they're created this way.

There was a discussion about this a few days ago too, there's a suggestion that a dedicated request type for "improve/correct docs" be added to https://support.atlassian.com but the Atlassians haven't decided yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events