Anybody out there using Confluence to host a commercial knowledgebase?

Fraser Harper March 19, 2012

Hello Confluence users. I'm using Confluence On-Demand to build a knowledgebase which I intend to eventually charge access to by offering subscriptions. Subject and target audience is confidential so far (obviously), but I'm interested to talk to anyone out there that has done a similar thing, in any area of knowledge. Anyone able to share ideas on how best to create and run an independent business around proprietary knowledge contained in Confluence? Atlassian tells me there is nothing in their licensing scheme or EULA that stops a knowledge entrepreneur from charging access, by the way.

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2012

Hi,

Yes, there are some customers hosting commercial knowledge bases and even drivers and software repositories for download using Confluence. I cannot tell here who are these customers, but I can tell you that you may need some extra software (connecting with Confluence suing Confluence API) and a great set o customization, so OnDemand is not the best platform to build this kind of service, a standalone installation will provide you much more flexibility to reach your needs.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events