Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is causing Confluence to error out when trying to complete MS SQL database connection?

narzate July 31, 2017

Here is the error message I received after trying to complete installation and connection of Confluence to a MS SQL 2014 DB?

HTTP Status 500 - com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

type Exception report

message com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Could you tell us what version of Confluence it is, and what it is reporting for its java version?

narzate August 2, 2017

Confluence 6.2.3  

I don't see Java installed. Could that be the problem? What version do I need? FYI - I have JIRA help desk installed on the same server. I plan to integrate Confluence with JIRA help desk. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

No, that should be fine, Confluence will be using a bundled Java, which is good.

There should be further errors in the log following this - more "caused by" lines.  As you've ruled out the java and a couple of other problems, it's well worth looking urther down there.

Like uriel.m.kim likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events