can the service desk customer portal be linked to *both* a knowledgebase and confluence questions?

It'd be great to link not just to howto's, but also FAQs.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Not currently. You can link JIRA Service desk and Confluence knowledgebase, but Confluence Questions is separate. Confluence Questions is still in its beta period so additional features and integrations will be added for the final product.

Chris, we'd love to learn more about your specific use case and what you'd expect from such an integration. If you could elaborate on how you'd expect the three to work together that would be awesome.

Sure Matt.

The customer portal is awesome, in that i can ask a question and it pops up How To's or Troubleshooting guides, but a lot of teh knowledge is in the new Confluence Questions module that you just rolled out. I ask questions there all the time, and people answer. Lots of people have the same question as me. Rather than direct users to two different places -- Customer portal and questions, direct them to one and have it search both.

I.e. if someone has a question on how to combine the contents of two lists on python, there may not be a "knowledge base wiki" article on that, but someone likely answered that on Questions. In fact, the knowlegebase itself on the wiki has a place to post frequently asked questions, but it'd be awesome to have that populate with the most frequently asked questions :)

Great idea! I've filed a ticket for you at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-35

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

719 views 6 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you