• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

can the service desk customer portal be linked to *both* a knowledgebase and confluence questions?

It'd be great to link not just to howto's, but also FAQs.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
john Atlassian Team Oct 08, 2013

Not currently. You can link JIRA Service desk and Confluence knowledgebase, but Confluence Questions is separate. Confluence Questions is still in its beta period so additional features and integrations will be added for the final product.

Chris, we'd love to learn more about your specific use case and what you'd expect from such an integration. If you could elaborate on how you'd expect the three to work together that would be awesome.

Sure Matt.

The customer portal is awesome, in that i can ask a question and it pops up How To's or Troubleshooting guides, but a lot of teh knowledge is in the new Confluence Questions module that you just rolled out. I ask questions there all the time, and people answer. Lots of people have the same question as me. Rather than direct users to two different places -- Customer portal and questions, direct them to one and have it search both.

I.e. if someone has a question on how to combine the contents of two lists on python, there may not be a "knowledge base wiki" article on that, but someone likely answered that on Questions. In fact, the knowlegebase itself on the wiki has a place to post frequently asked questions, but it'd be awesome to have that populate with the most frequently asked questions :)

Great idea! I've filed a ticket for you at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-35

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Do Not Lose your Customer’s Trust

Missing deadlines is one of the biggest problems every team lead wants to avoid when dealing with managed services. When the customer contracts your company to help with IT services it is expected th...

24 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you