User login error - ASAP authentication received but failed authorization

Peter White October 1, 2018

We have one user who is unable to remotely log into the Confluence Server and receives the error "ASAP authentication received but failed authorization" ... "The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it"

Any explanation why this would occur and how to rectify?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

Hi there, Peter.

Since this error is specific to a single user, can you please confirm on the following please?

• Can any of the admins log in to the Confluence UI to verify that the user exists?
  • If the user exists, can we double check the status of the user from the database by running the command:
  • SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE email_address='<email_address>';  
  • Was this user able to log in before or this is the first time the user is trying to login and hit into this error? If the user was able to log in previously, was there any changes done to the account? Change of email address / password?
  • Was this user created locally or synchronized from an external directory?
  • Is the same problem occurring on the private / incognito mode of the web browser?
  • Lastly, can you tail the atlassian-confluence.log when the issue is reproduced to confirm if there are any errors logged?
Peter White October 3, 2018

You suggestions helped by reviewing the user's logon details. A duplicate setup had been established with a slight variation in the login email. One account had been deactivated so after remotely connecting to their pc we identified which account was being used which corrected the problem.

Thanks again. 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hello, Peter.

You are most welcome. I am really happy to know that the issue is resolved on your end. Feel free to let me know if you have any other concerns and I will be happy to help!

0 votes
Gänseblümchen November 9, 2018

I had the same error message in Chrome, but not in other browsers or in Chrome-Incognito. The problem was that I was logged in with my private Google mail account in Chrome. After deleting cookies the error page was replaced by the login screen from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events