Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User login error - ASAP authentication received but failed authorization

We have one user who is unable to remotely log into the Confluence Server and receives the error "ASAP authentication received but failed authorization" ... "The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it"

Any explanation why this would occur and how to rectify?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Oct 02, 2018

Hi there, Peter.

Since this error is specific to a single user, can you please confirm on the following please?

• Can any of the admins log in to the Confluence UI to verify that the user exists?
  • If the user exists, can we double check the status of the user from the database by running the command:
  • SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE email_address='<email_address>';  
  • Was this user able to log in before or this is the first time the user is trying to login and hit into this error? If the user was able to log in previously, was there any changes done to the account? Change of email address / password?
  • Was this user created locally or synchronized from an external directory?
  • Is the same problem occurring on the private / incognito mode of the web browser?
  • Lastly, can you tail the atlassian-confluence.log when the issue is reproduced to confirm if there are any errors logged?

You suggestions helped by reviewing the user's logon details. A duplicate setup had been established with a slight variation in the login email. One account had been deactivated so after remotely connecting to their pc we identified which account was being used which corrected the problem.

Thanks again. 

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2018

Hello, Peter.

You are most welcome. I am really happy to know that the issue is resolved on your end. Feel free to let me know if you have any other concerns and I will be happy to help!

I had the same error message in Chrome, but not in other browsers or in Chrome-Incognito. The problem was that I was logged in with my private Google mail account in Chrome. After deleting cookies the error page was replaced by the login screen from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

109 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you