Trouble during installation of Confluence

Dietmar_Topp March 23, 2020

Hi all, I have an Issue during the installation of confluence on my MAC (Server) with a Postgres Database. 

The connection seems ok, if I made the connection test to my database, confluence said me the an connection could be established. But after pressing - next - I got this magic error message. No Idea why, anybody hier who have a solution? (by the way, I paste only the first 2 pages of 34 messages which looks like the messages below)

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved from the container. Therefore very limited information is available in this error report. 
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause

com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Error creating bean with name 'cacheStatisticsManager' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ehCacheStatisticsManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/Users/admin/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-cache-ehcache-7.3.3.jar!/cacheProviderContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'i18NBeanFactory' while setting bean property 'i18NBeanFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'defaultI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginAccessor' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginAccessor' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginStateStore' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginStateStore' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.DeprecatedPluginStateStore#a4ad15c' of type [com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.DeprecatedPluginStateStore] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.DeprecatedPluginStateStore#a4ad15c' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.BandanaPluginStateStore#3a000d6' of type [com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.BandanaPluginStateStore] while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.BandanaPluginStateStore#3a000d6' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaManager' while setting bean property 'bandanaManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaManager' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaPersister' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionalBandanaPersister' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalBandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceDaoBandanaPersister#78915315' of type [com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceDaoBandanaPersister] while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.confluence.setup.bandana.ConfluenceDaoBandanaPersister#78915315' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaPersisterSupport' while setting bean property 'bandanaPersisterSupport'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersisterSupport' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'xStreamBandanaSerializerFactory' while setting bean property 'serializerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'xStreamBandanaSerializerFactory' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'xStreamManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'xStreamManager' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.setup.xstream.XStreamManager]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end 3, length 2
    at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.AbstractSetupAction.transitionFromColdToVacantState(AbstractSetupAction.java:167)

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2020

@Dietmar_Topp   

Looks like you have stumble into  this error here,  please try resolution here  

Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set 

Best regards,

Mo

Dietmar_Topp March 25, 2020

Hi thomas, I still have issues completing my installation. From the last log files, it looks like I have different versions? Really strange, database is working fine, I have space enough, ports are up and running. I don´t know how I got this message during the creation of the database tables

020-03-25 16:55:24,920 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] lambda$earlyStartup$3 Plugin system earlyStartup begun
2020-03-25 16:55:27,439 WARN [Catalina-utility-1] [org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder] logDuplicateWarning Package Scanner found duplicates for package 'com.atlassian.integration.jira.applinks' with different versions. Files: confluence-7.3.3.jar and jira-integration-spi-6.2.4.jar
'/Volumes/Disk2/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-7.3.3.jar'
'/Volumes/Disk2/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/jira-integration-spi-6.2.4.jar'
2020-03-25 16:55:29,349 WARN [FelixStartLevel] [extender.internal.support.ExtenderConfiguration] addDefaultDependencyFactories Gemini Blueprint extensions bundle not present, annotation processing disabled.
2020-03-25 16:55:32,349 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system earlyStartup ended
2020-03-25 16:55:32,353 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] lambda$lateStartup$4 Plugin system lateStartup begun
2020-03-25 16:55:34,705 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system lateStartup ended
2020-03-25 16:55:35,544 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve
2020-03-25 16:59:23,659 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
2020-03-25 16:59:27,830 INFO [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] <init> Loading EhCache cache manager
2020-03-25 16:59:33,256 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceAnnotationConfigWebApplicationContext] refresh Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cacheStatisticsManager' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ehCacheStatisticsManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/Volumes/Disk2/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-cache-ehcache-7.3.3.jar!/cacheProviderContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'i18NBeanFactory' while setting bean property 'i18NBeanFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'defaultI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events