Question for Confluence Plugin shows UPDATE available, but not able to update

Ro42 March 14, 2018

Hello,

in our installation we have 3 Add-Ons: Questions, Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools and Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager.

We where able to update these Add-Ons at least one time.

Now we have the problem that the Question Add-On displays:

UPDATE AVAILABLE

but when we press the button to do it, nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx, Roland

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2018

Hi Roland,

Could you confirm your Confluence version as well as what is the current version of Questions that you have installed?

Can you please have a look at your Confluence logs and let us know what messages you see that occur the same time when you click the button to update?

Regards,

Shannon

Ro42 March 14, 2018

Hi Shannon,

we have confluence version 6.7.0

"Questions" version number is not visible, because add-on information page did not open up.

Confluence-Questions-Add-Ons.png

The little arrow (1) that opens the add-on information page point to the "south" (down), but the add-on information page is not visible. So i can not tell you which add-on version we have.

... (2) says there is a update available, but nothing happens if i press (3)

Where can i find the Confluence logs you talk about?

Many thanks, for your help!

Roland

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

Hi Roland,

Thank you for confirming that information.

Have a look at this page for information on where your logs might be located.

Could you tell me if you are behind a proxy or firewall?

Regards,
Shannon

Ro42 March 15, 2018

Hi Shannon,

i did the following:

1. Deactivate Connection to Marketplace

2. After deactivation connection to Marketplace i was able to open the add-on information page (by pressing arrow, Circle No.1 in previous comment)

Questions Add-On info page.png

3. Deinstall question-for-confluence 2.5.4

4. Download (via browser) and install question-for-confluence 2.5.5

5. Get error message after installation has finished

Questions missing dependencies.png

6. So now i have the most current version.

7. I don´t remember when i re-activate the connection to the Maketplace, but

when the connection is activated i cant open up the add-on information page.

8. i Found the log files, which one do you want?

logfiles.png

9. If you want i can search for something inside the logfiles?

Rgds Roland

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2018

Roland,

Glad to hear you were able to upgrade the add-on.

You'll want the current log file. It will be in Confluence home/logs and be called "atlassian-confluence.log". The directory you're looking at doesn't appear to be the home directory.

If you're not sure where that is, have a look here: Confluence Home and other important directories.

But if you're having trouble connecting to Marketplace, you'll want to have a look at this: Problems connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace. This is part of the reason why I asked if you were behind a firewall or proxy of any sort. It will walk you through a few steps you can check to see why it wasn't able to connect, but your log messages will help you with this.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,
Shannon

Ro42 March 16, 2018

Hi Shannon,

the problems only appear, if i work trough a vpn tunnel.
If i use a RDP session and then a browser on a pc inside the network, i.e. without any vpn tunnel, everything is working as expected.

One indicator of these problems are the missing screenshots in thhe left half of the Add-On Information page. They never show the pictures, instead they show just: "Screenshots werden geladen ..."

I think it must be possible to do these things trough a vpn tunnel. All other things are working as expected.

Do you have any hint where the problem may comes from?

Rgds Roland

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2018

Roland,

Without knowing what's in your logs it's hard to say. I would say make sure you've gone over that article I sent you earlier completely. You can also try this one:

Please also get in touch with your Networking team, as they may be blocking certain requests and it could cause this problem.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events