Our images are not showing up if they are part of an excerpt.

Chantal Saylor March 23, 2023

Hi, We have small images like icons embedded in our technical documentation that include experts to these images yet they don't always load or they don't load on the client side. Please help.

thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2023

Thanks for raising. This appears to be when using the page excerpt macro. I'll raise with Confluence

Chantal Saylor March 29, 2023

Hi Owen,

Thanks, do you know how long this will take and if there is a workaround?

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2023

Hi, the team said a fix has been deployed - is it working for you now?

Jordan Pesout May 11, 2023

I have the same issue, working on Jira cloud and confluence, but I still have the same issue.

It shows up like

\uD83E\uDD14 

or not showing up at all

Owen Wallis
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2023

Hi @Jordan Pesout which product is showing this error?

Jordan Pesout May 21, 2023

Hi Owen,  this issue was with confluence.

I've found where the issue was. It had to do with copy/paste from one page to another.  If you copy/pate the icons, I was getting the above format string.

I've added the icons in manually and then it seems to work.

Like Owen Wallis likes this
Sarah Stolberger July 19, 2023

Hi Owen,

I also have this issue, that the "include expert" shows an error for the pictures included in the page. Do you know how to solve it?

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

@Chantal Saylor Welcome to the Atlassian community

Where are the images originally stored?   Are you able to consistently see them on the excerpt and the page where the excerpt is coming from?   Does this impact all users or just some users?   If you have them on a page that the individual looking at the excerpt is not able to see that could be why they are not loading.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events